Abuwala & Company (DBA: Orbytel Group)
Last revised: September 28, 2016
Collection of Personal Information
We, either directly or through third party companies and individuals we engage to provide services to us, collect, process, or retain Personal Information from you and any devices you may use when you use our services. The Personal Information we collect may include the following:
- Personal Information you give us (either manually or automatically) when you access our Services;
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses when you register for an account with us;
- Financial information (such as payment card numbers) which you may provide in connection with a potential or actual transaction with us, which may be stored by a third party payment services provider; and
- Bank account information which you may provide in connection with a potential or actual transaction with us, which may be stored by a third-party digital payments provider.
In some instances, we may ask you to provide us a photograph and/or other demographic information, such as a scanned copy of driver’s license, passport, or credit/debit card, last four digits of your Social Security number, social insurance number, social media account information, driver’s/motor vehicle record, insurance information, and other forms of identification. Where we request that you withhold certain information when providing us with personally identifiable information (such as obscuring or redacting all but the last four digits of your payment card number), please do so.
We also collect information about your interaction with our Site and our services, your marketing preferences, and your communications with us. This information may include device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising, and/or unique device token. We collect computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, browser type, date and time of the visit, traffic to and from our Site, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and your browsing history on our Site. Log information is important for security, audit, quality improvement, as well as for monitoring the safety of our Services.
When visiting our Site, we may send you one or more browser cookies to help keep track of your visit to our site. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer’s hard disk or on a website server. Such cookies do not retrieve information about you stored on your hard drive and do not corrupt or damage your computer or computer files. You are not obliged to accept a cookie that we send to you and you can modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies.
Use of Information
Abuwala & Company uses all Personal Information collected to enhance the operation of this Site and our services, allow you to use all of the relevant features, and respond to your requests for information our services or hiring opportunities.
We use this Personal Information to send you further information regarding Abuwala & Company. Any Personal Information that you provide allows us to inform you about updates to our services and to notify you about other products and services offered by Abuwala & Company that may be of interest to you. Additionally, we may use this Personal Information to tailor the User’s experience at our Site or, if applicable, to assess candidacy and qualifications for employment with us. We sometimes aggregate demographic information, and the types of systems and browsers of Users for internal purposes, so that we may better understand the User population of our Site, identify subject areas of interest, and determine whether the Site is designed to work with the computer settings of a majority of our Users.
We may also use your Personal Information to:
- verify your identity, including during account creation and password reset processes;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- detect, prevent, or remediate violations of policies or our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- improve our services, including by customizing your user experience;
- measure the performance of our Services and improve our content and layout;
- manage and protect our information technology infrastructure;
- foster a trusted and safer environment on our services, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and Conditions of Use and other policies, verifying any identification documents provided by you, and conducting checks agains databases and information sources (such as but not limited to public government databases) for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
- provide targeted marketing, provide service update notices, and deliver promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- contact you at any telephone number, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our Terms and Conditions of Use;
- perform creditworthiness and solvency checks, compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- endeavor to verify your identity, through the use of a background check or otherwise;
- send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or sponsored events;
- comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements;
- carry out any other purpose which is disclosed to you and to which you consent; and
- carry out any other purpose permitted or required by law.
If you have supplied Abuwala & Company with Personal Information in order to receive further information and no longer wish to receive communications from us, you can opt out by emailing email@example.com to request no further information be sent to you.
Protection of Information and Disclosure
In order to protect your Personal Information, we use both technical and procedural methods to maintain the integrity and security of our databases. Only authorized employees and contractors will have access to any data provided by you, and that access is limited by need. Each employee or contractor having access to any Personal Information is obligated to maintain its confidentiality. Also, while we have endeavored to put into place reasonable security measures in an effort to protect Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction, or alteration while it is under our control, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
Compliance with Law
Abuwala & Company complies with all applicable privacy laws and regulations. In the event that we must comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside of your country of residence, we may disclose any Personal Information we deem necessary. Also, in the event of a violation of the Terms and Conditions of use of our site, or a violation of any restrictions or use of materials provided in or through our site, we may disclose any User’s Personal Information to our affected business partners and/or legal authorities.
The Site and our services are controlled and operated by us from the United States, and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in those jurisdictions according to the laws in those jurisdictions.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information unless specifically requested to do so (e.g., Social Security numbers, social insurance numbers, passports, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union membership or other beliefs, health, biometrics, or genetic characteristics) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
Links going to or from this Site may lead to websites maintained by organizations or individuals other than Abuwala & Company, and we are not responsible for the practices employed by these websites or services, or their access to your Personal Information. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link or advertisement on our website, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies.
This Site, it’s services and the content are not intended for use by person’s under the age of 18. Abuwala & Company will not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from or target anyone in this age group.
Change of ownership
If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we may share information with them in accordance with our privacy standards and applicable law.
Use of Site
Notification of changes